MRI Driver/ Service Technician
We are a technology and applications leader with the industry knowledge and applications expertise to meet customer needs across industrial, food, medical, chemical and electronics industries. We offer over 120 years of proven experience in the safe and reliable production and delivery of industrial, medical and specialty gases. We’re the talented people you know and trust, now with a new name.
Formed in 2019 after our business was acquired from Linde AG by Messer Group and CVC Capital Partners, we draw on a rich heritage of industrial gases expertise to meet customer needs. We know the industries we serve inside and out – and we know our customers depend on us for more than just safe and reliable supply.
Today our deep understanding of industry trends and customer requirements allows us to collaborate intensely with customers to identify and develop long-term solutions that deliver competitive advantage. Our in-depth knowledge of customers’ manufacturing processes enables turn-key engineering with minimal plant downtime, and our technology development capabilities are unrivaled
▪ Monitor customer's weekly liquid helium & liquid nitrogen level readings as reported in CMS (MRI Management System).
▪ Analyzes trends in level readings to determine if a customer's magnet may have a problem requiring early scheduling.
▪ Determines the replenishment re-fill point on a customer to customer basis, based on manufacture established refill points.
▪ Develops and executes efficient delivery schedules and their associated routes based level readings, customer availability and lowest possible cost.
▪ Places requests for orders the appropriate quantity of cryogens from the MESSER CSC to meet the proposed schedule.
▪ Loads, delivers and fills the cryogens into the MRI Units by following Messer's LIMSS and relevant manufacturer procedures and directions from Lead CryoFill technicians.
▪ Record the appropriate data at the customer site, in CryoFill Management System (CMS) & complete necessary data forms. (i.e. cryogen level readings, time in/out, volumes etc.).
▪ Must be on call 24 x 7 and carry a cell phone.
▪ Responds to emergency supply situations in the most responsive manner.
▪ Interact with the customer's field service engineers to provide feedback or to answer any questions they might have about our service.
▪ Transport and deliver hazardous materials in wheeled dewars weighing up to 700 lbs moving dewars.
▪ The candidate must have no medical or other physical conditions that would prevent them entering an MRI facility.
▪ Must possess sufficient strength and agility to transfer cryogenic materials from dewar to a MRI. (i.e. lifting and maneuvering heavy transfer hoses use tools such as wrenches and screwdrivers, bending, crouching and climbing.).
▪ Must successfully complete specialized company provided training and demonstrate the skill necessary to transfer cryogens.
▪ Follows ALL Messer Safety Policies including but not limited to proper PPE, proper lifting techniques, local site safety requirements, and prompt reporting of safety incidents.
▪ Drives a straight truck and or tractor trailer loaded with compressed gas cylinders and liquid helium dewars for delivery to customers on a scheduled route.
▪ Record each delivery and pick up empty helium cylinders from customers.
▪ Must be committed to safe practices including the safe loading and unloading of cylinders and dewars onto vehicles using hand truck or forklift and record cylinder type and quantity.
▪ Maintain neat, clean and professional personal appearance and maintain vehicle appearance in a professional manner.
▪ Establishes and maintains excellent customer service.
▪ Listen to and resolve service inquiries and complaints/issues.
▪ Perform pre and post trip vehicle inspections, document deficiencies and ensure all safety items are in good working order. - Maintains required DOT driver logs.
▪ Safely operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
▪ Assist with inventory and general housekeeping as required.
▪ High School Diploma, GED or 10 years' experience within current CDL class
▪ Clean Driving Record - Minimum of 3 years
▪ Minimum of 3 years driving experience with a Class A or Class B with Hazmat Endorsement
▪ Clear understanding of maps and the ability to develop efficient routes
▪ Ability to read and understand DOT and FDA required paperwork
▪ Strong written and verbal communication skills
▪ Strong customer service skills
▪ Basic computer skills: Web browsing, email, Microsoft Windows
▪ Candidate must have flexibility in work hours as late nights, weekend work and overnight stays will be typical
▪ Must be willing to travel occasionally for training needs
▪ Experience working cryogens, MRIs, or related technical items is strongly preferred
Join us and you will be part of a company that values and supports your career. We offer competitive pay and benefits, with set schedules, steady work and opportunities for ongoing training and career progression.
Together we value innovation, efficiency and flexibility. Putting safety first, working with integrity and respect, we encourage everyone to find solutions for success. That means for our customers and for our colleagues. This makes us a great place to build a career where your skills are valued and developed.
Apply today @ https://uscareers-messer.icims.com
Messer North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status or any legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable federal, state, or local laws