Planning and Organizing
- Identifies, develops and drives scheduling and service best practice initiatives inside the Scheduling Center and with the other function of Supply Chain Planning and the Regional Markets organizations. Ensures compliance with standard procedures.
- Establishes required driver and equipment resource counts to support the regional supply plan from the S&OP process as well as resource planning for short term supply disruptions, and achieving customer fulfillment and efficiency targets
- Sets and monitors long range plans for systems enhancements, productivity goals and KPI’s. Ensures all goals are in line with business requirements
- Works with GOLD KPI’s and other scorecards to maximize continuous improvement efforts in reducing cost to serve at an agreed minimum service level.
- Plans resources and sets expectations of team members to meet or exceed KPIs and targets
- Oversees carrier performance and contract management activities
- Works with all Operations functions, Markets, HSE&Q, CES, and SCP and field locations to regularly evaluate most efficient way to manage business and set strategic direction and in the development of a team service approach to servicing Messer bulk customers.
- Leads continuous improvement projects in scheduling/distribution to ensure achievement of KPI’s in alignment with Distribution and Business Strategy.
- Coordinates with the Supply Chain Planning (SCP) and Operations Teams to provide timely information, feedback and data regarding planned and unplanned network shifts.
- Provides input into the annual budgeting process for capital investment planning, and regional operational inputs required to develop the annual plan.
- Leads Central Transport Management team in collaborating with SCP and Scheduling teams.
- Develops and implement Productivity Improvement Projects to further improve key productivity indicators.
- Responsible for all supervisory aspects and personnel administration for the Scheduling Center, Central Transport Management, and Distribution Systems
- Oversees recruiting and orientation efforts for open positions
- Trains develops, motivates and guides all direct reports in the use of applicable management systems and tools
- Identifies training requirements for individual DPMs and associated staff
- Provides quarterly feedback via scorecard and other measures
- Inspires Messer behavioral competencies, and customer ownership within areas of responsibility
- Cascades own goals and works with direct reports in creating their development plan via the PMP process.
- Drives performance via various performance management tools, PMP, coaching/counselling, PIP, scorecard, KPIs, etc.
Day to Day Operations
- Manages emergency or upset conditions with plants or daily dispatch for the geographic team
- Serves as escalation point for the Scheduling Center to resolve customers or location issues
- Works with SCP and Regional Management, using the systems provided at the Scheduling Center, to monitor all internal and external levels of service and key performance indicators (KPIs) used in the measurement of cost to serve and customer satisfaction
- Works closely with the account managers and product management organizations as well as the area sales managers, operations and location management within a region to collaborate regularly on a range of customer priorities, implications and initiatives.
- Facilities Management for the Stewartsville Operations Center; manages spend for the Scheduling Center and the overall Operations Center
- Fosters a positive team environment within the Scheduling Center and the overall Operations Center