Utility Operations Technician II
We are a technology and applications leader with the industry knowledge and applications expertise to meet customer needs across industrial, food, medical, chemical and electronics industries. We offer over 120 years of proven experience in the safe and reliable production and delivery of industrial, medical and specialty gases. We’re the talented people you know and trust, now with a new name.
Today our deep understanding of industry trends and customer requirements allows us to collaborate intensely with customers to identify and develop long-term solutions that deliver competitive advantage. Our in-depth knowledge of customers’ manufacturing processes enables turn-key engineering with minimal plant downtime, and our technology development capabilities are unrivaled.
— Understand and adhere to company safe work policies.
— Promote a safe work environment.
— Report safety incidents and near misses.
— Report any unsafe conditions, environmental concerns and process problems to management immediately.
— Follow Lone Worker Requirements.
— Contribute to the improvement of the Safety, Health, Environment and Quality programs.
— Apply the Hazardous Work Permit (HWP) process, Lock out, tag out (LOTO) and energy isolation procedures as required for company and contractor personnel.
— Follow EMOC procedure for all changes to process and operating procedures. — Maintain site security.
— Maintain site orderliness.
— Perform safety indoctrinations for contractors. Plant operations — Perform Shutdowns, Start-ups, Derime and other operations activities.
— Troubleshoot process problems to identify equipment requiring maintenance. · Routine plant equipment checks Maintain cooling water treatment chemistry and perform water treatment tasks.
— Support ROC Operator activities to ensure safe, reliable and efficient operation of the site.
— Fill /Assist drivers with Cryogenic liquid products to trailer/rail cars safely and efficiently
— Follow all Quality Control requirements to ensure a quality product is delivered to Messer’s customers per specifications.
—Support Instrument technician on instrumentation activities
—Assist Inst Tech in trouble shooting
—Help Instrument tech with maintaining adequate levels of spare parts and maintain spare parts inventory up to date on SAP Reliability
—Utilize Computerized Maintenance Management System (SAP) to pull PMs and perform Corrective maintenance completed timely and entered on SAP with parts consumed, Work toward continuously improve equipment preventative and corrective maintenance.
—Coordinate maintenance activities with HyCO maintenance team when support is needed.
—Maintain plant spares inventory and raise gaps to management attention.
—Follow work instructions and annotate with feedback.
— Perform and document process and product analyzers calibration checks.
— Set up and safely operate all tools and equipment necessary to perform assigned work.
— Follow all Quality Control requirements to ensure a quality product is delivered to Messer’s customers.
—Meet FDA requirements where applicable.
— Document in plant logbook date and time of all machinery start/stops, analyzer calibrations, process upsets, product losses, customer complaints, or any other major event(s).
— Maintain open continuous line of communication with manager.
— Complete required SHEQ site and equipment inspection forms.
— Maintain orderly and clean work area and vehicle(s).
— Direct and monitor contractors.
— Maintain production logs, perform data entry into SAP system.
— Lead and participate in operations and safety meetings.
— Participate in safety committee activities as required
– Drill planning, energy isolation reviews, etc.
— Complete all training activities according to schedule and meet annual performance goals.
— Support entry level technicians through coaching and mentoring.
— Check business email daily and respond on timely manner.
— Lead Plant tours.
— Accept On call duty and work overtime as required.
— Effectively prioritize and schedule all work activities.
— Support sites outside of the home Area as required.
— Support plant and equipment commissioning activities.
— Mark-up engineering drawings to document changes or disparities.
— Identify cost effective solutions, follow company purchasing procedure and spending limitations.
▪ Associate's Degree or certificate in a technical discipline or recent military training in a technical field.
▪ Minimum of 1 year work experience, experience in an industrial plant in the operations or maintenance departments is preferable.
▪ Valid driver's license with good record.
▪ Math – basic algebra, fractions/percentages, unit conversion.
▪ Personal computer proficiency (Internet, word processing, spreadsheets), and other software used by the company.
▪ Strong interpersonal abilities to support team philosophy and strategy.
▪ Strong organizational ability.
▪ Able to work alone.
▪ High mechanical aptitude and ability to work with simple mechanic’s hand tools.
▪ Knowledge of steam methane reforming process and hazards within area or site.
▪ Familiar with all process equipment and function.
▪ Understanding of electrical hazards and safety.
▪ Basic understanding of pneumatically actuated valves and control systems.
▪ Ability to interpret engineering drawings including P&IDs, PFDs.
▪ Able to navigate LiMSS to find relevant work instructions, forms and supporting documentation.
▪ Able to complete all preventative maintenance jobs according to best practice.
▪ Capable of operating a forklift, and/or overhead crane, and/or man lift according to company policy (LOCATION DEPENDENT).
▪ Reside within a reasonable distance of plant 30-45 min recommended.
and you will be part of a company that values and supports your career. We offer competitive pay and benefits, with set schedules, steady work
and opportunities for ongoing training and career progression.
Together we value innovation, efficiency and flexibility. Putting safety first, working with integrity and respect, we encourage everyone to find solutions for success. That means for our customers and for our colleagues. This makes us a great place to build
a career where your skills are valued and developed.
Apply today @ https://uscareers-messer.icims.com
If you need assistance with the application or would like to request an accommodation, call (877) 243-1030.