Senior Controls Engineering
We are a technology and applications leader with the industry knowledge and applications expertise to meet customer needs across industrial, food, medical, chemical and electronics industries. We offer over 120 years of proven experience in the safe and reliable production and delivery of industrial, medical and specialty gases. We’re the talented people you know and trust, now with a new name.
Today our deep understanding of industry trends and customer requirements allows us to collaborate intensely with customers to identify and develop long-term solutions that deliver competitive advantage. Our in-depth knowledge of customers’ manufacturing processes enables turn-key engineering with minimal plant downtime, and our technology development capabilities are unrivaled.
• Supports Operations, Reliability, and Project Execution in achieving positive outcomes in safety, reliability, efficiency, cost, and customer service.
• Ensures compliance with all safety, health, environmental and quality standards and fosters a culture of safety during execution of all aspects of the role.
• Provides technical, troubleshooting and maintenance support to all ASU, CO2, H2, and He plants for all controls and measurement systems, including Remote Operations, Plant Auto Start, Supervisory and LMPC Control, Operations Portal, Expert Systems, Metering and Monitoring Systems, Automated data collection, Pipeline Demand Management, Automated Trailer Fill, and the security of the controls network.
• Ensures the reliable and efficient operation of all controls and measurement systems by:
o Supporting Area Operations and Reliability Teams with Controls related troubleshooting or engineering assistance
o Supporting the execution of short, medium, and longer-term maintenance
o Providing Engineering and Programming for improvement and Re-Life projects in support of the supply chain performance objectives.
• Performing controls and measurement systems reliability, efficiency, I/O health check and contingency reviews and assessments and monitors the completion of action plans to reduce and eliminate identified gaps and risks
• Proactively reviewing and ensuring up to date control system condition-based data and equipment reports to ensure reliable operation
• Supporting the development of controls and measurement system reliability and maintenance procedures for Messer internal standards publication
• Reviewing and approving the content of measurement system PM’s, work instructions, and related procedures.
• Content owner for controls and measurement system maintenance strategies
• Assist Hub PCE’s in ensuring that all sites have active controls and measurement system contingency plans with identified reliability risks mitigated per plan
• Ensuring that critical controls and measurement system spare parts are on hand and in a condition for immediate use and are replenished in a timely manner once consumed
• Developing Critical Equipment Quality Control plans for controls and measurement system maintenance activities
• Leading the rectification of failed controls and measurement systems, including EMOC, plant/equipment outage decision making and root cause analysis
• Identifies, defines, estimates, budgets, develops, plans, and executes controls and measurement system turnaround maintenance activities, improvement, and re-life projects..
• Supervise and Assess the technical competency of controls and measurement system contractors and service providers to ensure proper scope is assigned and the expected quality is received.
• Leads and executes controls and measurement system programs and projects within each area in support of high-performance supply chain operations and continuous improvement within the area.
• Provides controls and measurement system scope, estimation, and execution support to the Projects Group for large improvement and re-life projects..
• Represent Operations and Reliability interests in the proposal and project commercialization process, including scope and spares input and new plant acceptance.
• Completes controls and measurement Engineering Management of Change(EMOC),’ for completeness and consistency with technical standards and good engineering practice.
• Leads or supports root cause analysis and ensures timely action item closure.
• Supports the development of budgets on an annual basis for controls infrastructure related needs.
• Supports the effort for continuous improvement through Six Sigma programs.
• Works with the Remote Operations Control Center to execute controls and measurement systems projects and initiatives identified to drive performance and close performance gaps.
• Develops and delivers technical controls and measurement system training for the area.
• Demonstrates continuous improvement by sharing best practices employed and adopt best practices identified by peers.
• Ensures that applicable material procurement and control processes are consistent with Messer Group standards for corporate governance.
Type of experience
and you will be part of a company that values and supports your career. We offer competitive pay and benefits, with set schedules, steady work
and opportunities for ongoing training and career progression.
Together we value innovation, efficiency and flexibility. Putting safety first, working with integrity and respect, we encourage everyone to find solutions for success. That means for our customers and for our colleagues. This makes us a great place to build a career where your skills are valued and developed.
Apply today @ https://uscareers-messer.icims.com
If you need assistance with the application or would like to request an accommodation, call (877) 243-1030.