Tractor Trailer Mechanic
We are a technology and applications leader with the industry knowledge and applications expertise to meet customer needs across industrial, food, medical, chemical and electronics industries. We offer over 120 years of proven experience in the safe and reliable production and delivery of industrial, medical and specialty gases. We’re the talented people you know and trust, now with a new name.
Formed in 2019 after our business was acquired from Linde AG by Messer Group and CVC Capital Partners, we draw on a rich heritage of industrial gases expertise to meet customer needs. We know the industries we serve inside and out – and we know our customers depend on us for more than just safe and reliable supply.
Today our deep understanding of industry trends and customer requirements allows us to collaborate intensely with customers to identify and develop long-term solutions that deliver competitive advantage. Our in-depth knowledge of customers’ manufacturing processes enables turn-key engineering with minimal plant downtime, and our technology development capabilities are unrivaled.
Messer North America is currently seeking a Tractor Trailer Mechanic to join the team in the Beloit, WI area. The Transport Mechanic will perform all routine, preventative, corrective and emergency maintenance of Messer North America Commercial Motor Vehicles in accordance with Messer North America, local and national regulations and standards.
▪ Understand and adhere to company safe work policies
▪ Promote a safe work environment through use of PPE as required in Messer North America standards
▪ Report any incident involving equipment damage, near miss, first aid or medical treatment to supervisor immediately
▪ Report any unsafe conditions, environmental concerns and equipment problems to supervisor immediately
▪ Issue and manage hazardous work permits as required for Messer North America and contractor personnel
▪ Apply Lock Out Tag Out procedures according to Messer North America standard
▪ Collaborate with Fleet Maintenance and follow EMOC procedure for any change to equipment and/or maintenance procedures
▪ Meet on time Maximo generated truck and trailer work orders at required intervals and complete all documentation
▪ Perform corrective maintenance as identified through Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIR)
▪ Troubleshoot truck and trailer problems to identify real time maintenance solutions ensuring resources available to meet customer demands
▪ Perform and document product metering device calibration in accordance with Messer North Americarequirements
▪ Maintain spare parts inventory through commercial agreements with national vendors and Messer North America national warehouse
▪ Maintain open continuous line of communication with transport supervisor and drivers
▪ Maintain orderly and clean work area (garage) and vehicle(s)
▪ Participate in group safety meetings and talks
▪ Participate in safety committee activities as required emergency drills, etc
▪ Complete all training activities according to schedule and meet annual performance goals
▪ High School Diploma or GED
▪ Commercial Driver's License (CDL) preferred
▪ Demonstrated Tractor/Trailer maintenance skills
▪ Diagnose and properly repair mechanical, electrical and tire problems on tractors and trailers
▪ High mechanical aptitude and ability to work with simple mechanic's hand tools
▪ Basic understanding of electrical hazards and safety
▪ Basic understanding of cryogenic pumps, vehicle electrical systems
▪ Able to work alone
▪ Familiar with Messer North America systems (Maximo, OBC)
▪ Able to navigate LiMSS to find relevant work instructions, forms and supporting documentation
▪ Understanding of Messer North America's Engineering Management Of Change (EMOC) process
▪ Comprehensive knowledge of HWP process, LOTO and energy isolation procedures
Messer North America is known as one of the world leaders in gases, engineering and healthcare. We operate in more than 100 countries across the globe and generated revenue of 17.9 billion euro in 2015. But what makes us great is our people because they make great things happen. Messer North America employees take pride in what they do because they know it makes a real difference to our customers. They are empowered to turn a challenge into an opportunity to learn and grow. This is how they take the lead, every day.
Join a World Leading Team Today!
Apply today @ https://uscareers-messer.icims.com
Messer North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status or any legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable federal, state, or local laws